[Farmall] Farmall Cub throwout bearing

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Mon Nov 3 18:41:44 PST 2008

As you have noticed, the bearing is a graphite block.  It is lubricated
by grease being pumped into the cavity behind the graphite, and the oil
then separating form the wax base and soaking into the and through the
graphite.  The IH ones, and I believe the ones TM Tractor sell or
prelubricated from the factory, and will last for many years, just as
the originals did.  The after market ones are not prelubricated, and if
you use the tractor much cannot be expected to last near as long, as I
learned the hard way.