[AT] Worlds Oldest Person - 115 years

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 18:00:23 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Herbert Metz <metz-h.b at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Farmer, did Diane or you know Edna Parker, Shelbyville, IN?    She was the worldest oldest person when she died yesterday(?) at age 115.     Shelbyville is quite large at approx 18,000 population, but Diane and you are very active in the community and (I think?) are life long residents.
> She was mentioned on Fox News a few minutes ago.
> Herb
=========================

Hi Herb:
We were just wondering if we knew her personally or not. We did know a
Parker lady when we lived about 8 miles out east of town for a while
years ago.  She would have been the right age and she had been a widow
living alone in their old farm house for some time as described in
news reports. That lady had also finally moved in with her son as
reported. I had plowed her garden for her (8N Ford) since she was only
about a mile north of us there. I plowed gardens all over that
neighborhood. I do know that she and Sandy Allen (worlds tallest
woman, We knew Sandy) were both living at the same nursing home 2
miles east of here and they were very good friends with each other. As
you know Sandy passed this year as well. We didn't know her until the
mid1970's (She was a customer in our store) but we had been seeing her
around town since she was a teenager. There was no missing her even as
a young teen. She was quite tall very early.
BTW, the deceased husband of the Parker lady we knew had built a
concrete block shop about 400' - 500 away from the house and she
mentioned that he had been an explosives professional and he built it
there to store his dynamite away from the house.

"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)