[AT] Some ads from the 11/22 Lancaster Farming

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sat Nov 22 18:26:14 PST 2008

Mike Sloane wrote:
> Some of the more interesting ads from the (free to
> subscribers) Mailbox Markets section of the weekly Lancaster (PA)
> Farming newspaper for 11/22/2008. For the full listing, go to
> <www.lancasterfarming.com>. [my comments, if any, are in brackets]
>
> For Sale:
>
> Triple trees, double trees, spreader jockey sticks, Hambs set front
> gears bridles housings fly nets lines breast chains. Lanc. Co.
> 717-665-4621. [This must be horse stuff - I haven't a clue what he is
> selling.]

Yep, all for horse drawn equipment.

Triple trees for three horse team, doubles for two horses, Spreaders are
to balance the pull with the teams farther apart. Front gear is the
front harness and bridles, fly nets go over the horses head to keep
flies out of their eyes, lines are the reins, breast chains are for
HEAVY pulling horses, they allow the weight to be spread over the horses
chest to prevent harm to the horse when pulling HEAVY loads.

The old style (and lighter duty) are made of wood now. The heavy duty
ones are now made of steel.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York