[AT] Knoedler Ferguson seat.

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:08:22 PST 2008

If you look at this very interesting Ford page near the bottom is a
good picture of a Knoedler tractor seat designed for Ferguson
tractors. We had one of these on ours and I want one for my TO-20. It
isn't all nostalgia,  With the factory seat when climbing on and off I
tend to hit my foot on the loop of flat spring that sticks forward
farther than the seat as I slide my foot through behind the gear shift
lever, especially with today's clunky big soled shoes. That is not a
problem with the Knoedler seat. You will also note that they mention a
problem with long legs with the Knoedler seat. My father was tall and
he added a heavy plate to the front edge with a hole so he could move
the seat back the distance of the space between the studs and still
have full support. He like it well and then added a small shallow open
tool tray under the seat. It was shallow enough that the seat never
bottomed out against it. In family tradition he made the tray out of
1/4" steel.   :-)
If anyone sees one of these for sale please let me know.

http://home.att.net/~jmsmith45/8nacc.htm

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)