[AT] N-series Fords and TO-series Fergusons

Brad Gunnells brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Tue Nov 11 06:41:12 PST 2008

Dad got a TO-35 many years ago that had been sitting out along a
fence row. Supposedly it had been rebuilt not long before?????
Anyway, drained the water from the crankcase (after it thawed) and
luckily didn't reach the crank. Took mouse nest out of the clutch and
lo and behold it ran after pulling it a short distance. Thanks been
~25 years ago.

We had the head touched up as it was low on compression on a cylinder
and the rings were stuck. He painted it, but had a few things to
change and decided he needed to paint it again as he wasn't happy
with it.

This summer he finally decided to finish it. Anyway all the sheet
metal is back on and it's a sharp little tractor. And that little
Continental is such a smooth running motor. You can barely hear it at
idle as you walk around it. I wish I would have taken photos to
document it's long process to get to this point as I'm sure he would
like to look back on it some day. It's given him new enthusiasim to
start on the JD A he bought a couple years ago.

The problem is now he won't take the Fergy out of the shop and put it
in the pole shed as it might get dusty. I broke an axle on my skid
loader and could sure use the shop space to tear it down!

Brad

PS Regarding the skid loader, I forget the list member who is
knowledgeable with Ford stuff. My skid loader is an Erickson (they
built the Ford CL40 skid) and I'm looking for part sources.