[Steam-engine] Murray Iron Works

Mike Rock mikerock at mhtc.net
Sun Nov 2 06:37:52 PST 2008

Richard,
In the ghost town/mine called Spokane, in the Black Hills, there was a
Corlis engine made by Murray, at least it was name plated Corlis Murray.
Nice big thing, flywheels about 12 feet in diameter if memory is close.
  Lots of nickel plating on the rods and covers, must have been a
beautiful thing to watch run. The building was burned and the engine
dynamited for scrap in 1971 or so.  They blew up the ball mill and
crushers too.  I was NOT thrilled by either loss.

Most respectfully,
Mike Rock