[AT] 540 to 810 PTO Gearbox?

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Thu May 22 07:03:08 PDT 2008

I have seen many types of 3pt stump grinders. The "Worksaver" design seems the most common among those companies that manufacture 3pt grinders.

http://www.wikco.com/stump.html

Similar to the "Woods", here's one on Craigslist.

http://westmd.craigslist.org/grd/688601716.html

The "Stumper" seems like the simplest design, but it would require a huge cutting wheel which I feel would be unsafe to fabricate. Plus, I don't like lateral forces on the hitch.

http://www.stumper3500.com/tractor_stumpgrinder.html

And here is another design, "Ashland Stump Master" similar to the Stumper.

http://www.ashlandind.com/Partsmanuals-acrobat/SC-15%20ver4-04.pdf

But, before I start, if I design my own stump grinder, based off of an existing design, not for resale but solely for my use, am I in danger of infringing on a patent? (If the item I am creating is patented).

Regards,

Will Powell

From: "George Willer" <gwill at gwill.net>