[AT] Hyd Hose

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri May 16 16:39:16 PDT 2008

The reusable ends are a lot longer than the crimp on ones.  You can find
a good chart of the adapters and the sizes of the different threads etc
at Surplus Center.  You can order a wall chart for $5 at Discount
hydraulic hose.com.   Check out their site.  I have bought from both and
Discount is really great.  If you have your own crimper, you can be back
in operation in 30 minutes.  Without it, It is another day.  Crimpers
start at about $1000

Cecil in OKla

The hydraulic hose discussion is interesting. One other option is to use re-usable hose end that screw on. I know that crimped hoses are better, but the reusable end versions are made for the do it yourself person. With these you may have to "skive" (grind off rubber) slightly which is a bit of an art.
  Years back we used to use these types of hoses for offshore equipment so they could have a roll of hose of each size, and then do repairs without having to go back to a land hose crimp store. I know a lot has changed, and hose crimpers are more common today. I just checked the Parker web site, and they still list re-usable hose fittings.
  I would check this out before I invested a lot of $$$ in a crimper.
  Dennis