[AT] Allis Chalmer B

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Fri May 2 06:56:20 PDT 2008

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the B had a mechanical which was engaged by a rod that you pushed with your foot.

What type of batter did you buy? 6 or 12 volt? What type of batter was in it? 6 or 12 volt?

Magneto or Distributor?

This image shows an Allis with the distributor: http://www.williampowell.net/pages/AC_C_pages/beforec.htm

This page shows the magneto, also has great detail on how to service the magneto...

http://www.worldpath.net/~thompson/acb/magtiming/magtiming.htm

I would start with the spark first, if you don't have spark it won't start....

Regards,

Will

From: Tom <honcarguy at yahoo.com>