[AT] Fram Filter C-1151PB and changing 3pt Backhoe Fluid

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri May 30 08:16:42 PDT 2008

One of the additives that makes up modern hydraulic fluids enable them
to absorb water and hold it in suspension. So adding "dry gas" to the
fluid won't help much.

Unfortunately, about the only simple thing you can do is drain the
system, fill it up again, exercise all the cylinders, and then repeat.
Even then you won't get all the old fluid out - maybe 90-95%. The only
way to get *all* the old fluid out is to disconnect all the lines, blow
them out with air, force all the cylinders through their full motion
with the lines off (look out for spraying fluid!), and run the pump for
a few seconds. If it were me, I am usually happy with the 95%.

Mike