[AT] OT - big computer problem

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Wed May 28 06:34:04 PDT 2008

Mike,
Your hard drive has lost it's boot sector, at the very least. It is also
possible that the hard drive controller on the mainboard has died. When the
system starts to boot, press the key(s) to go into the BIOS setup. Checks to
see if the hard drive shows up. If not, you will at least need a new hard
drive, and at worst, a new mainboard. You may get lucky and just need to
reload the operating system.
The message:
"Intel boot agent 4.1.18

Media test failure, check cable

Exiting Intel boot agent"

means that your system is trying to boot from the network card because it
can't find anything else to boot from.

Good luck,
Phil