[AT] OT - big computer problem

Mike msm10301 at juno.com
Tue May 27 06:15:23 PDT 2008

Hi all,
I hope someone on the list can point me in the right direction. I have a Toshiba laptop, and last night the screen went haywire and put the "start" button on the upper left of the screen, icons were everywhere, it was ridiculous. I restarted the machine, and now all I can get it the following message:

Intel boot agent 4.1.18

Media test failure, check cable

Exiting Intel boot agent

Operating system not found

The only thing I have done so far is to remove and reinstall the hard drive to make sure it was fully seated. I didn't want to try anything else without some advise. Any help would be appreciated this is our main computer.

Thanks,
Mike