[AT] Allis Chalmer B

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Tue May 13 18:18:56 PDT 2008

Battery cables can cause be a problem if they are corroded or too small... Usually with 12 volts smaller cables are ok.

When you say the starter is not getting enough power to turn the engine over, do you mean it is not enough to start it or not enough to turn the engine around, ie revolve the crankshaft? Has the engine ever revolved since you have owned it? Or, is it stuck? Do you have a hand crank, and if so, can you rotate the engine by hand? If you have the tractor on the level, ignition off, in high gear, can you move the tractor forward and will the engine turn over, or is the tractor stuck?

From: Tom <honcarguy at yahoo.com>