[AT] respirators and Isocyanates (Urethane paint)

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sun Mar 23 12:56:08 PDT 2008

John, If you use  an air supplied hood you will either need a breathing air
certified compressor or filters to clean the oil and contaminants that your
compressor give off.  Neither are inexpensive.  There are some full face air
supplied filters that have their own air pump but they are pretty pricy and
still have to have filters replaced on them with each use.  If you don't
have a beard and your lung capacity and breathing are good you'd probably be
better off using a half face filter with cansister filters.  You can buy
them at places like Lowes and they are affordable.  You just have to make
sure you get a good fit so that you don't breath the nasty stuff around the
edges of the mask.

Charlie