[AT] respirators and Isocyanates (Urethane paint)

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Sun Mar 23 12:18:40 PDT 2008

Thought it's about time I got serious about tractor painting and my
health!   Can anyone suggest an affordable air-supplied face
mask/hood that I could hook up to my air supply?  I'm starting to do
a lot more painting with catalyzed paint (mostly acrylic urethanes)
and I don't have a multi gazzillion dollar vented paint
booth.....just an empty wood shed.....until the weather get good
enough for outside painting.  The more I read about the nasty
isocyanates in paint catylists the more I think I'd better protect my
lungs!  Looking for ideas.       John W.

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon