[Ford-ferguson] Protection from big cats while working on my farm

cwi813 at mchsi.com cwi813 at mchsi.com
Sat Mar 22 12:42:10 PDT 2008

Hi.  I need your creative help.  My local DNR says I need a golf cart with a bench seat so if/when a cougar comes my way (they are everywhere in my farming area, have "taken" a dog from between two adult men coming out of their kitchen during the day directly across the road from me, etc.) I can simply slide over on the seat in the other direction so it won't bother me. (And the moon does not exist out there either according to them.) Not practical, I've got a 60-acre CRP with waist-high to shoulder-high grass and will sell it if the wildlife gets even a sliver more bold.  A golf cart isdesigned for mown grass.

What options are there for me to be on my Ford-Ferguson 9N (a metal "cage" over me and my tractor seat") so I can get home safetly at the end of my day? It's top speed is about 8 MPH, I'm always by myself and home is 200 miles away (one way).  This last Fall was the first year in Iowa's history that there has been a Bobcat season, too.

Thanks.

CJ Wilhelmi
cwi813 at mchsi.com