[AT] Part time trailer puller fuel system

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Mar 17 13:04:46 PDT 2008

	I have an old 1983 F-150 with a 302 V-8 (sure wish it was a 300
straight 6) that I am uncomfortable with about long term durability due
to various noises...  :-)   I don't want to get involved in a rebuild at
this time.
I have a good 302 in an old station wagon (about 1985 IIRC) that my
mother had bought and never drove. The wagon ran great and very quiet
but the in tank fuel pump failed and she never had it fixed. It has TBFI
engine and as I seem to recall that it used about 40 to 45 PSI pressure
to feed it??? I never owned a Ford TBFI engine and never had to work on
that part of one.
	My old truck on the other hand has a standard carb on it and I thought
about just switching manifolds and using the carb but that is also more
than I want to get involved with right now since it is a V-8. Also the
TBFI would probably get better mileage. Does anyone make a replacement
high pressure fuel pump that will mount outside of the tank? Or is
heating too much of a problem outside? If I could have a son-in-law swap
the complete engine over and add a different fuel pump that would keep
it simple but I'm not sure that is an acceptable approach. I have never
seen such an after market pump listed...

--

"farmer"

I now have one more email list - "Budget_Solar"