[AT] List trafic fires and other off topic stuff

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Mar 14 08:40:24 PDT 2008

I'm kinda wondering what the insurance company would say if you burned up a
quarter million dollar combine by purposely running it through a field fire.
I can see combining ahead of the fire to reduce the fuel available to the
fire but it would damned scary putting an expensive combine into a fire.

I knew a guy years ago that died burning off wheat stubble.  The wind
shifted and turned the fire back on two guys.  One ran and jumped in the
pickup that was sitting in the field and also in the line of the fire.  The
other was afraid to get into the truck because it had about 100 gals of
gasoline in a tank in the bed.  He ran toward the fire line and jumped
through it.  He died in the hospital about a month later from organ failure
due to the trauma of 3rd deg burns on 90% of his body.  The guy in the
pickup was fine but the truck was pretty well trashed.

The guy who ran through the fire came out the other side naked.  It burned
his clothes off almost instantaneously.
He told the other guy he sure hoped he didn't have any scars from that fire
but didn't think he was really hurt.

Charlie