[AJD] OT Poor Mans Tractor Shed.. Finally Up.

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 20:28:14 PDT 2008

I have been working on the project for about the last
month.  I was looking for a shelter for my equipment
that would not cause me to have to get a permit and
change the tax status of my property.  (I don't want
to pay back taxes until I am ready to build my house)

  I found this 38 x 60 ClearSpan shelter used on
Craigslist last fall.  I bought it and brought it home
in December.

   I burried 14 ecology blocks 10' on center (7 blocks
per side) to anchor the structure to.  It was a bit of
a puzzle to put back together,  as I did not
disassemble it,  but once I got a system down it went
ok.  The directions said 3 people could put the frame
together in 2-3 days.  I spent about 5 days (about 4-6
hours a day) doing it alone with the help of my
Bucyrus Erie 15B,  1965 KW Dump Truck,  and 1979 Drott
50 Excavator...

    Here is a link to the pictures.
http://public.fotki.com/jdnut/documents/tractor-shelter/clearspan-shelter/

              Chris