[AT] Tractor painting--Charlie and Louis

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Mon Mar 3 08:34:05 PST 2008

Thanks for the quick response Charlie and Louis!  Since I've never
seen a coat of paint "not stick" and just peel off :)  I assume then
that the misting relates more to a method that reduces sags and
runs.  Sounds good.  I'm using the recommended HVLP air pressure
(maybe a little higher) but I haven't checked the tip size.  I'll
make myself try it again.  I am using a catalyzed primer sealer--wet
sanded smooth.  Last night I applied my first ever coat of color
urethane and am impressed!  Good cover, no runs and very shiny.  Now
I need to know if I should wet sand this nice shiny before applying
the next final coat?   Looks too pretty to mess up with sand
paper!        Thanks again.   John W.