[AT] OT- String trimmers and other 2-cycle pieces of garbage

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sun Jun 15 14:01:38 PDT 2008

My son is a small-engine repair tech for Sears. I passed your question on to
him.  Here's his reply...

In my experience, sta-bil doesn't work well in small two strokes like those
in string trimmers.  The tiny jets and orifi can get plugged rather easily.
Instead, some manufacturers suggest draining the tank at the end of the
season and leaving the cap off long enough to evaporate any remaining
mixture.