[AT] Disastrous weather...

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Sun Jun 8 18:10:25 PDT 2008

I acquired another Shopsmith recently. It is a Mark III I believe, but it is
missing the motor. Doe Farmer have a motor or info about adapting a motor
for this tool????
    Also, I have been fixing my Iron Age Potato Planter. Another farmer
broke one of the coulter/disc closers. The solution I had to choose is
having the local machine shop fabricate the part that I need. For the
future, I know that I need a spare component. The broken casting has
multiple fractures and is not realistically weldable on that casting. Does
anyone know where I might find parts? I contacted Potato Grower magazine and
found that they only knew of one place that would MAKE parts - a re-casting
process on a one off basis. This would not be an option atthis time and is
an expensive one. I am happy to know they exist and can do so, but would
prefer to find an already made parts source....
     I am thankful that we have been spared the weather of Indiana, the
three late frosts this spring that lost us our Apricot and Walnut crops seem
relatively mild in comparison.

             Grant Brians
             Hollister, California