[Steam-engine] Case main bearing lube

Bob Smith bobsmith5 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 28 10:19:34 PDT 2008

Hi Richard --

There should be a grease cup on each main bearing.  Are you sure some one
hasn't lost/swiped yours??

Examine the holes, they should be threaded 1/8 or 1/4" NPT (pipe theard).
Buy a couple of new ones to match, butter them full of a good general
purpose grease and tighten the caps a bit.  Don't run the engine without
grease in the mains.  Good luck with the big Case.

Bob Smith