[AT] special tool

Claudeprintequip at aol.com Claudeprintequip at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 07:25:52 PDT 2008

( If you have a special tool for a critical job, or better yet more  than
one, you'll never need to use it.  If you don't, you will  need it at
the worst time.)

I made a tool several  years ago to use to reassemble a Hupp overdrive
transmission that came out  of my 8N. It worked fine and I was able to reassemble
the Hupp transmission  quickly using the tool  whereas I was going nuts for lack
of a  third hand with one bionic finger. I've still got the  tool.   Never
did hear of anyone else with a Hupp overdrive. Much less  someone who wanted to
take one apart.  The Hupp transmission  was  kind of neat.  The shifter was an
angle iron lever on the right hand side  just a few inches forward of the
brakes at about the same height as the  brake pedals.  You used your foot to move
it either up or down.

Claude
Tontitown, Arkansas