[AT] OT--string trimmers

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 25 19:36:33 PDT 2008

On Jun 25, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Larry Goss wrote:  ...
> Here's another one -- there is a very large bank named 5/3 or Fifth-
> Third Bank. ... located at the corner of Fifth and Third.

When I lived near Boston, there was, and I suspect still is, a fish
restaurant called "The No-Name Restaurant".
It was located on one of the wharves of the waterfront, between
working fish dealers.    The fishing boats would tie up 35 feet from
their back door. Their fish was superb, their decor was terrible.

Friends and I had left the place one night and were walking across the
totally empty and dark center area of the wharf when we noticed a car
slowly circling the wharf.  We offered to help when they passed us.
They tentatively explained that they were looking for the No Name
Restaurant.  We pointed out the only light on the wharf, a bare bulb
over an otherwise unmarked door.  We said that really was the place,
and that the No Name Restaurant had no name on it.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180