[AT] Patching Rear Tire on Tractor?

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 24 11:33:25 PDT 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Larry Goss wrote:

> Roy, I bought one of those manual changers for small tires from
> Harbor Freight about 8 years ago.  It makes changing lawn mower
> tires less of a "religious" experience.  :-)

Just what I need!

Their Mini Tire Changer is $38.00:
"Perfect for ATV, golf cart, go-cart, and small car maintenance.
Includes two bead breaker handles, 21" long, mount/demount tool,
aluminum centering cone, and two nylon spacers."
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=34552

The tire shop normally charges $15 per tire to dismount/mount.  That
would be most of the tool's cost.

I have a metal fence post puller from Harbor Freight, and it works
moderately well.  It has sort of lived up to the claim that it will
remove any fence post, but I did have to wait till Spring and damp
ground to even budge one metal post that likely has been in the ground
many many decades.

>  When customers bring me riding lawn mowers with slow leaks in the
> tires, I generally can "fix" them by breaking the bead on both
> sides, applying bead sealer

Is that the (green?) gunk stuff in a pressurized can sold to repair
car tire leaks?  Probably not.  I do have a can of that stuff here,
left by the previous owner.

The mower front tire tube has a slight leak at the valve. Got to find
my stem cap that has the valve removing end and clean that up.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180