[AT] Patching Rear Tire on Tractor?

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Tue Jun 24 03:20:25 PDT 2008

Cecil,

What is the "Hydraulic Breakdown Tool?" Is it a bead breaker?

Jacked up the WD and removed the tire. Puncture wound in tube. There was a small ditch on the property I cut that had old reinforced concrete in it. Had to cross the ditch to get to the property, probably punctured it there.

Tire came off easily, tube was a little rusted to the rim... Much easier working with tire on tractor. My past paint job was not thick enough. Wired brushed it again, then primer. Two more coats of paint should do it.

Now to patching the tube.  It is a little dry rotted but still holds air (other than the puncture). Probably going to put it back in. I believe I should also put a patch on the inside of the tire, there is a small slit about a 1/4 inch wide.

Regards,

Will Powell

From: Cecil Bearden <crbearden at copper.net>