[AT] Patching Rear Tire on Tractor?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Jun 24 08:42:06 PDT 2008

I'm fortunate to have a rural mobile tire repair man living nearby so the
mileage charges are not too bad. Pretty well all big ag tires are done by
mobile units now as it just too much work removing the fluid and loading the
wheels in  a truck. The tire guys have all the pneumatic equipment and no
problem breaking beads without removing the dual wheels.
True , it is not cheap though. During spring seeding I had an inside dual
start to leak on the 2090 Case. Since the tires were 19 years old and over
3000 hours I figured I might as well replace the pair. Two new 18.4x38
Goodyear duratorques with tubes installed right in the farm yard, just about
$2000.
On a smaller tractor tire without fluid to deal with I would try it myself.
I recall removing a 14.9x34 from a Cockshutt 40 years ago with the wheel
still on the tractor. In those less environmentally conscious days I just
let the calcium chloride run onto the ground as that tractor would not need
it.

Ralph in Sask.