[AT] Patching Rear Tire on Tractor?

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Tue Jun 24 06:02:40 PDT 2008

Hey, Farmer--

Just out of curiosity, how many zeros did you leave out of that price?

My neighborhood tire dealer has one of those machines in his shop with the digital balancer setting beside it.  Nice system, but I take stuff to him all the time that strain the ability of that machine to do the work.  When you put a 6-ply tractor tire on it, it grunts and groans and doesn't want to slip the bead over the rim.  He also has an old pneumatic changer like the one you have mounted in your barn.  Most of the time he uses that for just valve stem work.  I think he likes it because he can have access to the whole tire without any of the mechanism in the way of his work.

Larry