[Farmall] Looking for some help with a 1928 Regular.

olmstead at ridgenet.net olmstead at ridgenet.net
Mon Jun 23 07:31:04 PDT 2008

Any chance that the Fordson House would have the bearings?  I understand
that they are now selling F-12 cam bearings.

If the bearings are simply bolted in place, there isn't much excuse for
not removing them prior to block cleanup.  For the F-12, which has pressed
in bushings, I made up a set of steel discs that, when combined with some
all-thread, make a very effective puller.

If the bolts affect the alignment of the camshaft bearings, perhaps the
cam itself could be used as an alignment tool prior to tightening the
bolts?  Just speculating; I haven't been inside a Regular or F-20 engine
yet.

-Karl