[AT] OT--string trimmers

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Jun 21 10:16:04 PDT 2008

My neighbor and I both bought the same model Stihl string trimmers about
10 years ago. Mine has never missed a beat and has the original spark
plug, filters, etc. His has been nothing but trouble, and I had to
replace the fuel filter and gas line that disintegrated last year. It
still doesn't run properly, and I have given up on it - I told him to
take it to the dealer. The only difference is that I buy Stihl lube oil
and  my gas from a name brand station, while he uses generic oil from
WalMart and gets his gas from the no-name station (saving 3 cents a
gallon). I don't know if that has anything to do with the difference in
performance of the two otherwise identical machine.

mike