[AT] vapor locking

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Jun 20 05:17:31 PDT 2008

John, on my cars and trucks prior to these new computer operated engines and
on my tractors I sometimes drill a little by-pass hole in the thermostat so
that it always circulates a little bit of coolant even when the t-stat is
closed.  I don't think that would help your vapor lock problem but it might
address the convection/thermosyphon issue when you shut the engine down.
Just drill a very small hole 1/16" or so somewhere in the metal that
surrounds the operative part of the t-stat.

Charlie