[AT] vapor locking

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 18 22:32:17 PDT 2008

One of the more unique cures I have seen for vapour lock was on a fifties
Buick . They had wooden clothes pegs clipped onto the fuel line between the
fuel pump and carburetor. The wood provided some insulation or heat transfer
thereby keeping the fuel slightly cooler.
I had no idea that modern vehicles ever had vapour lock fuel problems
though. Especially with fuel injection. My 403 Olds in the pickup runs
plenty warm but the only problem I have seen there is occasional percolation
in the quadrajet making it a bit reluctant on a hot restart. Never failed me
yet though.

Ralph in Sask.