[AT] OT- String trimmers and other 2-cycle pieces of garbage

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Jun 16 11:43:00 PDT 2008

WF Smith wrote:
> Is it the new gasoline formulas, cheaper equipment, or just my poor luck
> that even when I store my string trimmers and other 2-cycle pieces of
> equipment (with stabil additive) they always come out the next season
> running improperly, if at all?
>
> I have a Homelite 25cc string trimmer sitting beside the shop right now,
> hemmoraging fuel through the carburetor. It is running so rich it eventually
> wets the plug and stops. There is only an idle adjustment screw (really just
> a stop for the throttle cam) and one other screw that I assume is the
> mixture. I've removed the primer bulb trying to stop the flow of gas and
> everything under there was clean as a whistle- no trash at all on the
> screen.
>
> I'm seriously considering just buying a new 90.00 trimmer each year and
> donating the previous years model to someone with more patience than I have.
>
> Does anyone have good experience with a particular brand? I'm not going to
> buy a big professional model because I have so little to trim it would be a
> waste, not to mention I could still have the same problems year to year.
>
> Warren

	One 2 gallon garden sprayer + water + 1 jug of glyphosate = one damn
string trimmer still hanging on the hook gathering dust.
:-)
	Caution: do not drink it, do not wear it and do not go silly with it
and all will be fine.
:-)

Note: Buccaneer brand is only about 1/3rd the cost of Round-up.

--

"farmer"

Hay & Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)