[AT] OT- String trimmers and other 2-cycle pieces of garbage

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 19:29:52 PDT 2008

One more thing, I think StaBil used to be a lot thicker than it is now,
I think they diluted it and make you use more.  The local NAPA store
turned me on to something called Seafoam. (White metal can, size of a
beer can, but with screw top) I had a briggs that was running like crap
and they suggested that if it would run at all, put about 2 oz. of this
in the tank and run it.  It ran like crap for about several minutes,
then started running better.  I guess it dissolved some crap in the carb
or something.  It works for a stabilizer too.  I think most of the name
brand chainsaw oil includes some stabilizer now also.

I noticed Wal-Mart is selling what looks like 1.5 Qt cans of pre-mixed,
sealed, screw-top cans for $4.  Too expensive, but might be a good deal
for a disaster prep kit or camping.  They say "No ethanol" on the cans.
If you don't use much fuel, this might be the way to go.