[AT] OT- String trimmers and other 2-cycle pieces of garbage

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sun Jun 15 14:23:40 PDT 2008

Welcome to the list Roy, good luck with your new toy.

On 6/15/2008 2:03:20 PM, Roy Morgan (k1lky at earthlink.net) wrote: > On Jun 15
 2008, at 2:07 PM, WF Smith wrote: > > > Is it the new gasoline formulas,
cheaper equipment, or just my poor > > luck > > Warren, > > I'll leave
reasons to those who know more than I do. > > > Does anyone have good
experience with a particular brand? > > I have here an Echo Model SRM-210,
bought early last Spring. This > Spring it started the first time with a
little difficulty as expected, > but was quite lame for a little while. It
still is slow to get up to > speed upon cold starting. I have no idea why.
After it gets going, > it's > fine. Like me. I have not yet put in a new
plug - maybe > that's > it. Also, I'm still using the gas I mixed last
Summer. This is > not > advised, I have heard. > > I bought a rotary blade
kit for the Echo. It is not yet installed, > but the change-over appears
simple enough. Of course the package and > instructions are full of the
Lawyer-Written warnings of dire results > if you > don't do as they say.
Also, the pin needed to hold the head > still while removing the string
spinner seems to be missing. I'll > look > for the right size pin punch in
the tool box or the biggest nail I can > find. > > Roy, > New member, and
soon to own a 1950 International W-4 tractor. > > Roy Morgan >
k1lky at earthlink.net > Lovettsville, VA 20180 > > > >