[AT] OT- String trimmers and other 2-cycle pieces of garbage

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 15 12:42:01 PDT 2008

The IH dealer dad worked for began switching to lawn and garden and picked
up the Echo line back in the early 80's. They sold tons of it and were
greatly impressed by it. One thing they recommended was to try to use up
your gas as soon as possible--within 1-2 months. While this may have been a
little harsh on the shelf life, it certainly cut-out problems from stale
fuel. I'd dump whatever fuel you have from last year into your lawnmower or
tractor. Unless you have a huge amount, the 2 cycle mix should only lube the
valves and produce a hint of smoke.

John Hall