[AT] OT- String trimmers and other 2-cycle pieces of garbage

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 15 12:03:20 PDT 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 2:07 PM, WF Smith wrote:

> Is it the new gasoline formulas, cheaper equipment, or just my poor
> luck

Warren,

I'll leave reasons to those who know more than I do.

> Does anyone have good experience with a particular brand?

I have here an Echo Model SRM-210, bought early last Spring.  This
Spring it started the first time with a little difficulty as expected,
but was quite lame for a little while.  It still is slow to get up to
speed upon cold starting. I have no idea why. After it gets going,
it's fine.  Like me.  I have not yet put in a new plug - maybe that's
it.  Also, I'm still using the gas I mixed last Summer.  This is not
advised, I have heard.

I bought a rotary blade kit for the Echo.  It is not yet installed,
but the change-over appears simple enough.  Of course the package and
instructions are full of the Lawyer-Written warnings of dire results
if you don't do as they say.  Also, the pin needed to hold the head
still while removing the string spinner seems to be missing. I'll look
for the right size pin punch in the tool box or the biggest nail I can
find.

Roy,
New member, and soon to own a 1950 International W-4 tractor.

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180