[AT] vapor locking

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 15 04:43:45 PDT 2008

 Been having a lot of problems with equipment vapor locking this week and
was wondering if it could be something with the gas we are using. The grain
truck has had a history of vapor locking so we put an electric fuel pump on
it years ago. Until this past week it never vapor-locked with me--neither
time did I have the pump cut on. At neither time was the temp, gauge over
halfway. The combine on the other hand has never vapor locked but started
doing it when you cut it off. Fortunately it has a lever so you can manually
pump it. I also had to pour water on the pump to get it cool enough to work.
 Is it the gas or do I need to replace the pump on the combine?

John Hall