[AT] Clinton powered tractor

oldiron62 at gmail.com oldiron62 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 07:36:30 PDT 2008

Dave, what you bought is a Bready Pow-R-Flo. They made them with 3
different engines. The Briggs engine should have been a model 14 which
was only 5 HP. If you can get the engine numbers I could date it. They
also used a Kohler that was rated at 6 1/2 HP and a Clinton that was
rated at 3.5 or 4.

  Hate to change the subject, but I have a real small one wheel tractor. That come with a Clinton iron block engine,
what looks like a 3-4 hp. And the clinton dont get no spark at all. Maybe I need to get some pretty girls to walk around it and pet it a bit bein its a clinton. I heared that the older clintons would start themselves under similar conditions !
OK no more joking :<)   I have 3-4 of these engines and all have the same problem, anyone know whats needed to fix the iginiton on these ? I have had one apart and everything was doing the right thing, but with flywheel off theys no way to test it. Any info would be greatly appreciated since it makes a Great butt buggy. what I stuck on it year ago in place of clinton was WMB briggs. And that would not use the clutch, smaller shaft so I stuck a straight pulley on and run it about 10` to the shed and there it sits. I didnt like running the pulley seemed to clunk a bit on take off.
Yall take care. Im hauling hay and loading scrap in this nice cool weather. and cheap is the gas is now I like to get a few hours in the tractor seat on the Farmall M with the gas loving 6 cyl engine.

Kevin Mosier
2598 Eddycreek
Eddyville, KY.