[Farmall] Seeing daylight again

Andy Wander awander at verrex.com
Sat Jun 7 10:00:39 PDT 2008

John:

I haven't done it, but I bet if you took a pipe cutter and dulled the cutting wheel, it would work great!

______________________________________
Andy Wander

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 07:01:31 -0400
From: "John Hall" <jthall at worldnet.att.net>
Subject: [Farmall] Seeing daylight again

I drug my Regular out from the back of the shed where it resides for the
first time in quite a while (3 years or more?). During this long storage it
managed to get a stuck valve so we had to pull the valve cover and do a
whole lot of persuading  to get it to free up. No sign of rust so not
certain why it seized. anyway, got that straightened out and decided it was
time to get the handle on the crank to spin. A whole lot of heating later I
let it cool  and started putting penetrating oil in it. Finally I could see
it wiggle. A little more and it was loose. Then the bad part--it worked so
loose it came completely off the end. So now I am planning to build a
crimping die  so I can hopefully make it stay on the crank. Anyone here ever
successfully do this?

John Hall