[AJD] Running temperature

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 1 18:27:57 PDT 2008

The only time that would seem like a problem to me, Bill, is if I wanted heat from a heater core in winter, or if I was going to run kerosene.  It seems your cooling system is doing a good job.  If you work it hard on a 90 degree day and it runs 20 degrees warmer, you are still in good shape.  I suspect the new thermostat starts to open lower than it is marked.  I have had to try three of them in years past to get one that would give me good heat in winter on some trucks and cars.  I have cooked them on the stove with a candy thermometer in the water to see where they really open.

Charlie V.