[AT] Re W 4

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 19:49:22 PDT 2008

In a message dated 7/31/2008 12:07:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:

[AT] W  4

we had  a  W4    and  I did some  research--  I  think  they were not made in
 53-- that would  have been a  Super W4

and  a  fast hitch??? no I dont think so  as the seat is  right where the
tools would be  coming up.. and the fenders would be in the  road as well...
somethings not  cosher on that machine if  it has part of a fast hitch.

ours  was a 1950      there is a lot of  stories to that machine --- we
bought it off an old man who'd been in a car  wreck that killed his wife  east of
Indianapolis---  his kids were  making him sell the tractor-- it had been
sitting for years in the barn  lot  but he was going to fix it up!  (so he  said).

  A friend of ours had  the  Preceeding  serial  #...   he thought it was a
49..   we originally thought ours  was a 51 (as we were told by the old
gentleman)

We  parked these 2 w4's  together at  2 shows in the early  90's  -- one
winter  a cousin of ours decided he needed it as a tax  deduction..  and we needed
some cash and shed  space.     The next spring we saw the guy that had the
other  W4  and he said the same thing happened to him...

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.