[AT] puter captions--indirectly off topic :)

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 08:16:27 PDT 2008

Hi, John.

Right click on a blank area in the task bar at bottom of screen.  In
the menu box that pops up, select Properties.  The Taskbar and Start
Up Menu Properties box will appear.  Left click Cancel option at
bottom of box.  To restart the captioning, right click the bottom
task bar and select Toolbars  then close the popup by clicking left
mouse button in a blank area of the desktop.  Do not select anything
in the popups.

I don't know if rebooting will bring the captioning back to you or
not -- didn't have time at the moment to try it.

Bob Holtzer