[AT] W 4

oldiron62 at gmail.com oldiron62 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:34:53 PDT 2008

It was not really a Lemon, after all the engine is tight. Does not burn oil
has good oil pressure, and him dropping the original price down $1600
I could not complain to much after already being there. All im saying is be
careful of these 50+ year old tractors on ebay with a nice looking paint
job, and everything rebuilt. And this seller had little feedback, so it was
my fault as well. Even though I made a few calls questioning about the
tractor before bidding. It still looks nice and will until I start useing
it. And some of the fast hitch is missing or broke, but if 560 fast hitch is
similar. I have one of those on a old 560 rearend and tranny case down the
road. Had a  Ford truck at a property 3 miles up the rd and went with 504
boom pole and Dodge PU + trailer to load it up for scrap. Got there and that
dude was gone, stolen by the scrap bandits.  It will all work out ok in the
end one way or another. I would not sell the little 350u for what was paid
for it + fuel to go and bring it home. Then gas was $1.80 - $2.25 per galon.
  Roy a WK 40 is a 6 cyl McCormick Deering tractor on a similar low to the
ground as W4
that starts on gas and either runs on tractor fuel or kerosene. In their
day, 1935 - 1940.  Most folks lucky onough to own one run them on special
fuel nowdays and use them for pulling. They are an awesome tractor to see in
action, Everyone needs one or two of them in their collection. I think I
would trade most of my tractors for one if I could find a good one :-0
Im going to try buying the MD shovel and the
corroded F 20 this coming Sat. I think the old shovel can be ressurected
with a M gas engine.
The pins in the tracks are not wore to bad, and I do not know about the
turntable. How it operates
or what it weighs. No way to haul in on our trailer so 4 miles may be same
as 50.

Kevin Mosier in Westrn KY. We got some badly needed rain yesterday. Hope to
get more on up in the day. .