[AT] Tractor pulling in Sask

Grant Weir grantweird at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:51:08 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable summer, filled with the sounds and smells of old tractors.  Mine has less tractors than I'd like, but I still get a little in.

I took my Wallis to a tractor pull last weekend.  My first pull was only 55' but after a clutch adjustment my second was 150'.  I won third place!  Actually, there were only three tractors in my weight class, but "third" sounds a lot better than "last".   Ha ha!  The class was 4000-5000 lbs.  My tractor weighed in at 4200 lbs and has steel wheels whereas the others were closer to 5000 and on rubber so there was a bit of a disadvantage there for me.  It's all for fun though.

This year they placed the beer tent beside the track near the end where the pulls were finishing so one could sip their favorite beverage in the shade while cheering for the tractors only 10 feet away.  Very nice.

About 40 tractors showed up this year and the weather was great.
Anyway, check out the pics if you want.  Enjoy!

http://groups.msn.com/MyWallis/2008purduetractorpull.msnw

Grant WeirSaskatoon, SK.Canada