[AT] sprayer pump

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 30 12:32:17 PDT 2008

Yes, those roller pumps are fairly cheap and simple to rebuild with a new
roller kit but they do have a low tolerance for any grits or sediments in
the water and will soon cut up the nylon surface on the rollers. Pressure
will drop to the point that they become useless. I've used them years ago
but would never go back now that I use the centrifugal hydraulic drive
pumps. They are a lot more costly but do last a long time. Of course they
are not an option on some of the older tractors that lack sufficient
hydraulic capacity to run them.
I've still got a few old roller pumps around the farm along with the
plumbing and assorted valves to fit up to the old sprayers.

Ralph in Sask.