[AT] sprayer pump

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Wed Jul 30 10:38:55 PDT 2008

Brad--The roller pumps are pretty cheap as pumps go and the rollers wear
pretty quick.  If it is a Hypro parts are readily available.  A pressure
regulating valve should be in the circuit from the pump to the control valve
with the discharge returning to the spray tank.

On 7/30/2008 8:14:16 AM, Brad Gunnells (brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu) wrote: > I
m looking to see if anyone has experience hooking up (hose routing) > a PTO
driven roller pump for a sprayer. > > I have a carry-all 3pt platform with a
folding spray boom my > grandfather made many years ago. The pump had been
removed or > discarded long before I got it. I picked one up at auction
several > years ago and now have a need to put it all together. If I'm >
going to > harvest beans this fall I better get the weeds taken care of! > >
Anway, I have between the pump/accessories I got at auction and the >
sprayer what I think I need. The question is plumbing. It "appears" > on the
original sprayer the pump output went directly to the spray > valve. Is
there any type of internal bypass built into a roller pump? > I can
understand an electric because an internal pressure switch can > turn on and
off when needed. But a PTO driven roller I'm not sure about. > > On the
tractor side the job will be handled by an 801 Ford Select-O- > Speed that
is still waiting (....and waiting) for a cleanup and a > fresh work clothes
paint job. > > Thanks > Brad >