[AT] Fw: 350u power steering

toma toma at risingnet.net
Tue Jul 29 19:57:13 PDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 oldiron62 at gmail.com wrote:

> everyone for the help on this problem that was in front of me. Not that
> it is fixed, but that it is closer to getting there. What I ended up
> doing was search many online junkyards without any luck. Then I clicked
> on ebay :-) Did a 350U search with the pdf that Mike sent me along with
> my IT repair manual for ref.

>From recommendations from the guys on this list, I bought a 350 U a while
back. It has some problems and is still not up and running yet.

The brakes were stuck when I bought it. I took them apart and found tha
they just need cleaning up. Then I found out the steering box was screwed
up. A tooth was broken off the sector gear. I have learned from the YT
list that most of these tractors with power steering and a loader end up
having this problem. Used parts are out there but very pricey. I ended up
making a new tooth by building up with 7018 rod. This has been done by
others and has worked out. I still have not got it put together yet.

Anyway to get to your problem. I think what you are looking got is called
a flow divider block. It consists of a flow control valve, regulator
valve, and safety valve. There is a bank of 4 valves on the side of the
transmission case. The flow divider valve is the inside one in the rear.
Maybe your tractor has one already and you just need to tap into it.

I am looking at the book for the Steering and Front axel assembly. There
is also a book for the power steering. I ordered my books from Binder
Books, I think they are $8.95 each. Also I learned from the YT guys that
all parts breakdowns for all IH equipment are online at CaseIH.com. This
stuff is kind of hard to access with my old computers but on a good day I
can get to it and print them out.

Hope this helps,

Tom