[AT] F-12 - Karl Ohmsted CD - other list stuff

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jul 28 16:14:30 PDT 2008

It appeared that the sheep would all bed down in the barn and one of the
little ones 3 to 4 weeks old, would get rolled on or its nose would get
pushed into the dirt.  I thought it was a ram problem and I separated
the ram.  I thought it might be a lesbian ewe I had and I got rid of
her.  It was the worst last year.  I lost 8 in 2 days.  I just decided
to quit raising them in cold weather.  They have good shelter and the
when they are in either one of the 2 barns, you can stay warm without a
coat...  It is really hard on me to have to bury them after nursing them
from birth...

Cecil in OKla

Do your sheep crowd together to stay warm and do themselves in?  I
know chickens and chinchillas will do that, in frightened states.

We had about 8 or 9 ewes that had lambs.  The dogs are responsible for
the losses we've had.

GOOD fences are planned for the NY place.

Roy